The Katadyn Hiker Microfilter Water Filter is compact, lightweight and designed to be easy to use. 48 strokes per minute will produce approximately 1 liter of clean, refreshing drinking water from any water sources on the trail. If the source is not deep enough to submerge the intake hose, scoop water into a deeper container and let the sediment settle for a few minutes to extend the life of the filter cartridge. Use it when car camping if the tap water sources are questionable. Don’t risk bad water ruining your trip when filtering it is this easy. It’s quick output makes it a great filter for couples and small groups. The filter cartridge is removable for cleaning and thorough drying after the trip.
Includes: Prefilter, bottle adapter and carry bag.
Features of Katadyn Hiker Microfilter Water Filter:
- Filter physically removes particles, protozoa, and bacteria down to 0.2 microns in size, including giardia, salmonella, cryptosporidia and others
- Glass-fiber element is pleated for increased surface area to handle silt and muddy water
- Activated-carbon core adsorbs chemicals and pesticides to improve taste of water
- Aproximately 48 strokes per min. provide 1 liter of clean drinking water
- Pre-filter at hose inlet filters to 150 microns, removing larger contaminants before they reach the main filter to increase its life span
- Included adapter allows the filter output hose to attach to the quick-connect fitting built into some hydration reservoirs (reservoir not included)
- Katadyn Hiker water filter includes a carry sack and bottle adapter that fits most water bottles